Carnaval du Cor 2020
Location: Castle Schwaneck, Pullach near Munich (see »How to get to Castle Schwaneck«)
Date: 21st of February - 25th of February 2020
We are very happy to welcome you for the 27th time to our festival »Carnaval du Cor«.
Our teachers will be (in alphabetical order):
- Radek Baborák (special guest): Solist, ARD-Preisträger 1994, together with his ensemble special guest at the concert in Ulm
- Maciej Baranowski: hr-sinfonieorchester
- François Bastian: Symphonieorchester des Bayerischen Rundfunks
- Andreas Becker: Deutsche Staatsphilharmonie Rheinland-Pfalz
- Markus Bruggaier: Staatskapelle Berlin, Hochschule für Musik „Hanns Eisler“
- Peter Bühl: Badische Staatskapelle Karlsruhe, Musikhochschule Karlsruhe
- Sarah Ennouhi: DSO Berlin
- Marc Gruber: hr-sinfonieorchester, ARD-Preisträger 2016
- Brigitte Halter: Alphorn
- Prof. Thomas Hauschild: Hochschule für Musik und Theater „Felix Mendelssohn Bartholdy" Leipzig
- Christina Heckmann: Staatsorchester Stuttgart
- Veronika Hümpfer: Yoga
- Prof. Mahir Kalmik: Opern- und Museumsorchester Frankfurt, Robert Schumann Musikhochschule Düsseldorf
- Kristian Katzenberger: Opern- und Museumsorchester Frankfurt
- Prof. Ab Koster: Sicher einer der Doyens der Horn-Ausbildung überhaupt
- Andreas Kreuzhuber: Bamberger Symphoniker
- Johannes Lamotke: Komische Oper Berlin
- Sibylle Mahni: Musikhochschule Würzburg, ARD-Preisträgerin 1999, Ma’alot-Quintett
- Paolo Mendes: DSO Berlin, ARD-Preisträger 2010
- Eda Paçaci: Sinfonieorchester Basel
- Joaquim Palet: Staatstheater Oldenburg, Erfinder der LipCam
- Jens Plücker: NDR Elbphilharmonie Orchester
- Lionel Pointet: Opernhaus Zürich
- Philipp Römer: Staatsorchester Stuttgart
- Martin Schöpfer: Royal Stockholm Philharmonic Orchestra
- Swantje Vesper: Bamberger Symphoniker
- Milena Viotti: Bayerisches Staatsorchester/Bayerische Staatsoper
- Alessandro Viotti: Opéra National de Lyon
- Jonathan Wegloop: Hamburgisches Staatsorchester, designiert WDR Sinfonieorchester Köln
The target group of Europe’s biggest horn festival are horn enthusiasts at the age of 16 to 45, for whom focused work on music and partying aren’t mutually exclusive. Although the level is high it is of course suitable for non professional horn players as well. Since we arrange almost all the played music ourselves we can consider individual strengths and weaknesses when assigning parts.
Usually we build ensembles of approximately 20 to 24 players. The arrangements will be provided as downloads at least six weeks before the festivals starts so there is enough time to prepare all the music assured.
Of course our teachers also offer individual lessons without any extra costs!
The course fees are the following:
Students in school or university: 290,00 €
Employed people: 350,00 €
The fee includes accommodation, food (all beverages excluded) as well as the costs for the course and if requested individual lessons. Please note: in the case of short notice cancelations (less than 30 days before the festival starts) we will charge 100,00 € service fee.
For our next edition there will be three concerts:
Saturday, 22rd of February, 7:00 pm at Basilica „Erlöserkirche“ (Ungererstr. 15, 80802 Munich)
Sunday, 23rd of February, 6:00 pm at Basilica „St. Pankratius“ (Brunnenstr. 1, 86165 Augsburg)
Monday, 24th of February, 7:00pm at Basilica „Pauluskirche“ (Frauenstr. 110, 89073 Ulm)
Admission to the concerts in Munich and Augsburg is free (donations are requested!) The concert in Ulm inkluding the guest appearance of Radek Baborák and his ensemble costs 20,00 € (reduced 12,00 €). Tickets are available at the box office, which will be open from 6:00 pm. Timely appearance is recommended.
Please also spread the word about our festival. We especially welcome new participants! It is a great opportunity to improve a lot in a short time and to benefit from experienced successful horn players for little money. The average age of our participants is in the high twenties, the level is very good and our teachers are all excellent.
Best wishes from – your team
Benjamin Comparot and Markus Meyr-Lischka
PS: The festival starts on Friday at 4:00 pm and ends on Tuesday after breakfast around 10:00 am.